Academy Director or his/her designee and works in cooperation with the Special Education Director.
To work with students in the Young 5-2nd grade program that experience emotional, learning, and physical disabilities, and have been diagnosed as needing special education support as determined by an IEP committee.
- Shall hold a Bachelor degree or better from an accredited University or College.
- Shall hold a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate in Special Education or be eligible for temporary certification as a Special Education Teacher.
- Shall hold the required State of Michigan endorsement for the teaching position held.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to function effectively with general education teachers to meet the needs of special education students.
- Ability to organize and administer lesson plans.
- Knowledge of the growth and maturation patterns of elementary students.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to write an Individual Education Plan.
- Subject to a Criminal Records Check as required by Board Policy.
MPSERS retirement plan, Blue Care Network Health Plan, Delta Dental and Life Insurance
Paid personal days
$36,000 (1st year teacher salary)
Posting open until filled
If interested, fax or email a letter of interest and resume to:
820 Academy Rd.
Holly, MI 48442