JOB FUNCTION: To assist the Academy Director with the organization and administration of the Academy to meet the educational needs of students as stated in the Academy Board’s policies and established curriculum.
- Shall hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College.
- Shall have 30 semester hours of graduate credit inclusive of a Master’s Degree.
- All administrators whose primary responsibility is administering instructional programs shall meet the certification and continuing education requirements as described in MCL 380.1246.
- Shall have a minimum of five years of successful teaching and/or administrative experience in education.
- Ability to provide leadership in educational planning.
- Ability to organize and administer personnel, program, and facility use.
- Ability to function effectively in a management team setting.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Knowledge of the growth and maturation patterns of elementary and secondary school students.
- Subject to a Criminal Records Check, as required by Academy Board Policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to the Academy Director concerning the organizations, operation, and supervision of instruction, staff, and program.
- Assist with the supervision and evaluation of certified and non-certified staff and evaluate efforts of staff toward achieving school improvement.
- Maintain records necessary for completing authorizer and State reports.
- Plan and evaluate professional development of the staff to promote skills needed to carry out an effective school program that reflects Board policies.
- Oversee and schedule all standardized assessments.
- Develop and evaluate the curriculum program and materials for students in all grade levels.
- Seek and organize active parent involvement and support of the Academy’s program.
- Assist in the development of Academy-related extracurricular activities for students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Academy Director.
Salary negotiable, based on experience
MPSERS retirement program
Blue Care Network Health Package (dental, vision)
Posting open until September 17, 2021
If interested, send an email attachment with a letter of interest to: email@example.com
Or send a fax with a letter of interest and resume to:
820 Academy Rd.
Holly, MI 48442
248 634-5564 (fax)